Prostate Cancer Prognosis
To correctly diagnose the cause and the condition of the prostate in men with inflammation, cancer or not; everyone should go to the clinic for testing or biopsy. From there, the doctor will have appropriate treatments for each patient.
1.Prostate cancer screening
– Digital Rectal Exam (DRE): This test can be performed by a doctor. Using a gloved finger to examine the rectum, the doctor can feel a polyp or growth in the prostate.
– Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA): This is the most popular initial test for prostate cancer. It checks the level of PSA – a protein produced by prostate cells – in the blood. The higher the level, the more cancer is likely to exist, although other factors may also cause a high PSA level.
– Prostate biopsy: If prostate cancer is suspected, a biopsy – cutting out tissue samples – is performed, then, if the result is positive, a bone scan is necessary to determine the extent of it.
– Rectal Ultrasound: This method uses sound waves to look at the prostate. This method is usually used during the biopsy to guide the needles going into the part of the prostate where the tumor is suspected.
2.Prostate cancer statistics
Prostate cancer is the second common cancer for men in The United State of America. According to The American Cancer Society, in 2016, there are around 180,000 new cases of prostate cancer, which cause around 26000 deaths.
Men at any ages should be aware of prostate problems since out of every group of 7 men, about 1 man will be diagnosed with prostate cancer. Although the average age of men having prostate cancer is 66, prevention is important and necessary for every man.
3. Prostate cancer treatment options
Medicine treatment is the most common way for the symptoms of fibroids prostate hypertrophy. The drug is used to relieve the symptoms of fibroids enlarged prostate include Alpha blockers (help relax the bladder neck and the muscle fibers in the prostate itself and makes it easier to urinate.); 5 alpha reductase (help shrink the prostate by blocking the hormonal changes cause prostate growth). You can always combine these 2 medicines at once, which is generally more efficient than just one.
Your doctor may recommend surgery if the medication is ineffective or if any serious symptoms appear. There are several types of surgery for fibroids prostate hypertrophy., which will reduce the size of the prostate and urethra, by getting rid of the enlarged prostate tissue blocking the flow of urine.