Manly Hobby: Fencing
Fencing is an exciting sport that combines the dynamism and excitement of modern sports battle with the pleasure of learning a technique with centuries of history.
It is a game of skill, agility and wit where two opponents try to touch each other with a weapon; each individual has elements of protection as a mask and a special suit. There are three weapons used in modern fencing, they are called: foil, épée, and sabre. Each weapon has its own rules and strategies.
Fencing may seem dangerous, but under the proper instruction and taking adequate safety precautions it can be a very safe hobby.
Its practice will bring us many advantages:
- It develops and promotes physical and psychic-physical qualities.
- It develops and shapes our body.
- It improves our coordination.
- Increase and improve concentration in studies or work.
- It brings us welfare and happiness.
Fencing is a sport that unites mental agility and intelligence, with the development of physical fitness and good reflexes. It is a good option for the correct psychomotor and social development.