Manly Hobby: Poker
Poker is the name given to a diversity of card games in which players’ hands are classified according to the letters that are available, whether individual or shared with several players. Different poker games vary depending on the number of cards, the way of how hands are ranked, the amount of hidden and community cards available, the number of rounds of betting offered and procedures to bet.
Normally, the winner of each poker hand is the one who holds the hand with the highest ranking once all the cards are shown or the player who made the last bet and nobody equal it.
After distributing the initial cards, the players play in turns, in the direction of clockwise.Each player can usually do one of the following actions when it is their turn to act:
- Pass: It only happens when there are no bets in the current round, and takes action to pass the turn to play to the next person on hand in the direction of clockwise. If all active players pass, the round is considered complete.
- Bet: Players can bet if no other player has bet during the current round.
- Retiring: players who retire give up on their cards and cannot win or play again during the current hand.
- Match: players can match if other players have bet during the current round; this requires the player to match the highest bet.
- Up: players can raise the bet if other players have bet during the current round; this requires the player who raises match the highest bid and then makes a bet.